In today’s world of ever-growing technology, it is sometimes impossible to choose precisely what you need. The market offers you a vastness of possibilities when it comes to choosing business process management software suitable for your company. To make the best choice, one should be well informed and knowledgeable about the subject.
With regards to such a serious matter, it is rather insufficient to just skim through the characteristics and descriptions. You should make sure you’ve done thorough research before making a choice.
After all, whether your business will flourish largely depends on that choice. If you’re not quite sure how to do the research right, we’re here to make it easier for you!
First things first – The features
Every BPM software differs in features, so it’s important to carefully examine what each of them means and then decide what you need for your business.
- Dynamic case management – DCM enables you to organize unstructured processes for the best possible results. They are used for defining the tasks in order to complete a case. DCM’s ultimate objective is to help workers make fast and efficient decisions, improving and alleviating their workflow.
- Mobile app – The mobile application enables you to gather data on the go. Pages can be easily customized for your own preferences. The application is available on the devices with iOS, Android and Windows Phone operating systems. Create your own little mobile workplace with access to your customer data, calendar, mobile feed, analytics and dashboards. It works in online as well as offline mode.
- Core configuration – Offers you non-customizable tools for solving different business tasks ranging from managing users’ profiles to facilitating omnichannel communication with the clients.
- System designer – Offers you numerous customization possibilities. Users can edit the existing sections and also create the new ones. For enhancing the productivity, various applications can be integrated with the BPMS.
- Administration features – A virtual administrator that enables you to delete items, reassign tasks, and edit forms smoothly and effortlessly.
- Security features – Protects your data from unauthorized access and provides you with maximal stability and security.
- Integration – Make sure your BPM software integrates with existing software, otherwise you’ll be stuck with a lot of manual work when it comes to data transfers.
- SSO – Single Sign-On allows you to use one set of login credentials to access multiple apps.
According to Forrester, there are different categories of BPMS based on the way they perform.
- Integration-centric – An integrated approach that permits an organized usage of productive and adaptable business processes without the involvement of human participants. Apart from being used for business process management, it can also be used for SOA (service-oriented architecture).
- Human-centric – The emphasis is put on the human participant. Although the majority of work is done by the computers, some things need to be carried out by humans, especially when it comes to decision making.
That’s where human-centric BPMS are necessary, and they come in 2 subcategories: people-intensive (interactions between individuals engaged with directing, approving and satisfying requests) and decision-intensive (includes data gathering of appropriate business principles and ongoing analysis of business insights).
- Document-centric – They utilize scanned images or electronic records to help decision-making and arranging efforts. Usually, core activities lead to the age of standardized records, which allows businesses to progress to the following stage in the process stream.
Types of BPMS
With the large expansion of BPMS, they are now available in various types. Here are some of them.
BPM suites – The prominent application infrastructures with the advancements in integration, management, analysis, automation; designed to accomplish your organizational goals.
BPM software – An application with an objective to streamline business procedures, making them more effective, as well as to adjust to constantly evolving environments.
Intelligent BPMS – A concept in a more adaptive form, which allows you to accomplish the strategic goals of your business. Intelligent BPMS address the growing requirement for business managers to adjust rapidly to situations that affect their business and provide better understanding of business matters, allowing them to take the proper corrective steps.
Benefits BPMS brings to your business
The list of BPM software benefits is endless! However, we’ll focus on the ones that might be the most essential for your business.
Automation – BPMS allow businesses to decrease the need for human force, which directly results in the increase of productivity with reduced labor costs. Workers are no longer to be troubled with the same repetitive and monotonous tasks.
Efficiency – Lots of processes are exceptionally inefficient because of manual information sources, and a failure to screen every single running procedure. With the help of BPMS, such and numerous other problems are eradicated, and the advantage is found in decreased redundancies, less probability of errors, expanded efficiency, increased income and a fairly reduced requirement for working capital.
Lowered costs – Using BPMS would contribute to shorter preparations and arrangements that can improve the way your business sells its products and decrease the amount of time your customers have to wait for their requests to be fulfilled, which can lead to increased revenues.
Factors to consider
Users – It is of a great importance to consider who is going to be using the system. Are the users regular business people or skilled BMP analysts? Some BPM systems are suitable for programmers only, while others are convenient for anyone to use.
Costs – A quite crucial matter to consider is whether the BPM software you choose is within your budget. Some software tools have an unreasonably high price, and they can also come along with some additional costs and fees, such as support or consulting fees.
Processes – Determine the precise type of problem you’re trying to solve. Depending on the type of problem, e.g. error reduction, automation or speed, you can choose whether to go for something that most of the businesses use or to go for something more customized to meet your requirements.
After considering all the characteristics of business process management software, you’re now left with the decision which can be a turning point in your business, so choose wisely! Double-check your company’s requirements, the key features of good BPM software and all the things to look out for.
For more information, visit bpm’online official site. Finding the right BPM can be a challenging process, but it will ultimately enable you to excel at managing your company.